Before starting the Goldwork butterfly kit by Jenny Adin-Christie, I thought I needed a little more practice. So I took all the left overs from the Rose brooch that I had completed and attempted a second round brooch. I had no design to work from, but had seen a few of Jenny’s brooches – well here is the result….
All I need to do now is finish it off with a ribbon trim and brooch backing. I still find that, when sewing, I am bringing my needle up through the metal tubing, causing cracks and tiny defects – something I wanted to remedy before tackling the harder butterfly project. Looking at what I have left – I may even be able to complete another smaller brooch.
If you have ever wondered about the value of one of Jenny’s kits – you can see that there are more than enough resources to complete a second project. And, I still had this…..