Day 4 at the RSN, and what a busy session, there had to be at least 16 students fighting for a trestle and space! It also meant that the tutors were stretched rather thin too. On the plus side, there was lots of lovely work to see – I did take pictures of some of the applique work (which was particularly beautiful), but do not feel it is appropriate to display other peoples work without their permission.
Most of the morning was spent correcting and adjusting my stitching, making sure that all the painted lines in the worked areas were covered. When I finally started to sew new areas it was way past lunchtime. So it is really a game of ‘spot the difference’ – as I don’t seem to have got very far.
I started to stitch the left hand branch in stem stitch – it looks a little pale at the moment – but I have two more rows of darker brown to add yet. The middle hillock was going to be stitched in bullion, but now will be block work, as this is one of the required RSN stitches. I hope to get bullion in somewhere else in the design. So homework for this week is to finish the stem stitch, and hillock and do another two leaves in padded satin stitch.
Finally, it was a beautiful day, so here are a couple of photos of the river and Hampton Court taken on the way back to the station (the quality of photos may be a little poor this week as taking my normal camera is just way too heavy!). Ooh, also one of the chocolate room – this would definitely be my favourite room in the house!