After having lots of fun sewing whipped and woven wheels, I decided to try and tackle the last hillock of trellis work. I had an idea of what I wanted to achieve after seeing a design by Tracy Franklin – which I thought would fit in well to my overall design. So I started to infill the squares with padded satin stitch. I intend to fill the other squares with lazy daisy stitch. It was a really time consuming process and I just hope I will not have to do lots of unpicking when I next see the RSN tutors.
I used the padded satin stitch to try and make sure that there are no white gaps around the stitching as one of the RSN tutors said that this was a real bug bear of hers! I still have lots to complete – but feel the whole piece is starting to come together now.
The only thing that I am really worried about is the bird’s head – I don’t want it to become a ‘cartoon’ bird – so will have to think very carefully before sewing.