I have another session at the RHS booked for next Friday and would really like to start to mount my piece of work if possible. So today I have made a concerted effort to look at it critically and finish off as much as I can.
I used coral stitch to end the vines in twirls, stem stitch and bullions to form leaves in the big petals of the large flower, stem stitch for the birds legs and bullion for it’s claws.
But there are at least two sections which are really annoying me now. The first of which are the bottom petals of the large flower which are just too orange and I think I may redo these in green or brown.
Secondly, I must have slipped when originally painting the design and as a consequence the birds feet are very wide at their bases. I am now thinking that I may add another vine around the feet to try and hide this.
All I need to think about then is the birds beak and face….
Today was a good day for sewing and I also received a lovely surprise from Sewtherapy on Instagram. She was my ‘Send a little love swap’ – and here are some of the lovely things she made for me.
I just can’t believe that people spend so much time quilting mug rugs (which are lovely) – only to sit an old mug on!