Another trip to Hampton Court which was a little bit of a mixed bag. During the morning I thought that things were progressing nicely until that is I realised that I had miscounted my stitches. I was feeling rather cross with myself as I pulled out an hours worth of work and probably wasn’t taking as much care as I should – so, cut the canvas too!
Aaahh – a hole! Luckily for me Owen was on hand to help and he caught the canvas threads with a thick cotton (+glue). The area is still very fragile, but hopefully you cannot see the hole and the rest of the stitching seems to have been held in place.
In the picture you can see the threads that Owen used -the hole is actually under the dark blue stitching, so I think it is hidden pretty well. The rest of the day was pretty uneventful – and here is my progress to date.
I have been concentrating on the houses in the background of the picture. And after taking this picture I managed to complete the woman’s eye and moved onto the bird at the top right of the canvas which I have been filling with upright cross stitch. Once I have completed the sky I will finish off the face and begin on the woman’s hair.
Hope you all had a more prosperous day stitching!