Aaahh! This is really all I can say following a day at the RNS and much reverse stitching. I was so pleased with myself and beginning to envisage an end to my canvas work – I should have know better. Here is my piece before I went to Hampton Court.
As it was a Tuesday I had two different tutors who instantly picked up a problem with the stitch that I was using on the face of the woman. The stitch is quite boxy and square creating lines around each stitch that meant not all the canvas was covered.
We tried adding additional tent stitches and running a bar of thread underneath the stitches, but neither worked, leaving me with two choices; leave in the stitch and in my notes to the accessors, explain the problem (and lose marks), or take out the stitch. I didn’t have the heart to take it out on the day and instead chose to complete more of the background so at least it looked like I had made some progress.
Happy stitching everyone!