So a module with the RSN wouldn’t be the same without a little (or a lot) of reverse stitching and today was the day! I started off well and managed to get almost half a leaf completed but greens were beginning to look the same so my tutor Deb Wilding decided it would be a good idea to start on the flower
We had already chosen colours that might be suitable – but something that I have learnt over the last few days is that when you take several threads of different colours they don’t always behave as you expect. Certain colours when mixed give a very dirty appearance and the reddy pinks that I had chosen looked more brown when put together. So after two hours work my flower looked like this….
Two hours later it looked like this…..
During the day we also prepared two pieces of mounting board that were cut with a 3cm allowance around each edge of the work. The boards were then stuck together and edges sanded to ensure they were even. Once the glue was dry we covered them with calico – just incase we managed to finish by Friday next week.
Day 5 was a ‘working from home’ day for which we were all given homework to complete. I was set the task of finishing the area of the flower that I had started, finish off the bottom half of the leaf and then backstitch the rest of the leaf.
Here is the finished area of flower – still not sure that the shading is correct – first half of the leaf completed and the other half of the leaf after completing the backstitching around the edges.
I then started on filling in the darker areas of the leaf below the turnover. Just hope that I don’t have to do too much reverse stitching!
Stitch happy one and all.