Yay, I am pleased to announce that I have finally finished my canvas work piece for the RSN certificate. I had hoped to finish 3 lessons ago, but snagging took a week and I am very slow when it comes to mounting. I find cutting mounting board accurately particularly difficult.
As you can see I finished the collar around the ladies neck – this was done in turkey rug, a stitch that I am particularly fond of. But the woman’s face is not quite right. Her nose looks rather bumpy to me, but my tutors assured me it was just because of the stitch that I had chosen and the fact that I was too invested in the piece – they suggested I put it away and look at it again later. I have done this and I still wish I had removed a couple of stitches before mounting! The whole point of this piece is the stylised nature of the horse and her face – Oh well, too late now!
I haven’t quite finished the mounting process yet and still need to herringbone around all the edges and add the backing – but I am so close that I feel I can begin my happy dance! Here I come goldwork!
Happy stitching one and all.