Well it has been along time since I have worked on my goldwork module for the RSN certificate and as I have been unable to get into Hampton Court because of lockdown it has been sat in my sewing room in it’s large plastic bag!!
Here is where I was at last time I posted……. the design had been painted onto the silk and homework set.
Although there is not much more to see, I have stab stitched around the whole design to ensure that the silk does not move around when stitching on the metal threads and I have also added some string padding to the front tentacles. This will have cutwork laid over the top.
I used twenty lengths of waxed bumf or soft string – these are then over sewn in position. Individual lengths of string are then cut away to enable the ends to be tapered.
Although the tentacles are not meant to be symmetrical, I did redo the top sections several times to get them looking as similar as possible because they looked a little odd otherwise.
I now need to cover all the padding with stitching. Here’s hoping I can get back to class sometime soon and make some progress with this piece.
Thanks for popping in, happy stitching.