I have managed to finish Rudolph! It has taken longer than I thought, almost a week of sewing, mainly due to the fact that the initial padding was so thick which made it rather difficult to plunge the Japanese gold thread through.
Last time I posted Rudolph, he looked like this….
Over the last few days I have been covering the head and neck in Japanese gold thread, plunging all the endings to the back of the work and sewing them in place. As usual I did not plan this piece before starting it – so I had not thought about the direction of the Jap thread, so I am not totally happy with the way in which it is lying on the final piece. Luckily it is going on the front of a child’s stocking – so they probably won’t notice too much. Here are some progress shots.
I may just fill in the eyes with white embroidery threads, but other than that – here is the finished piece….
Now all I need to do is cut around the pieces and sew back the organza before applying to the front of the Christmas stocking. I will post pictures of the final project when completed.
Thank you for popping by, happy stitching!