I have been taking part in a few sewing swaps recently – and one of my makes was a Japanese rice bag which I thought you might like to see. It was my first attempt and of course I did not read the instructions until it was too late.
By the time I had read the instructions I realised that my blocks were too large for the pattern base – but hey ho – I carried on and improvised a new base.
The bag was for someone interested in quilting and quilting blocks, so I had a go at making a few of these too! I found a lovely rainbow and tulip pattern that were very popular on instagram and, after much unpicking, managed to get them to look quite reasonable.
So here is the finished bag in all it’s glory!
I just hope that my partner likes my make. Next time I will read the pattern first (well, maybe that is a little too optimistic!)