Going in to the final day my silk shading piece looked like this…. just a cm or two to complete.
By lunch time I had put in the final stitches and the piece was checked for missing stitches before it could finally be removed from the frame. The last afternoon of the intensive course was spent pinning my piece of work to the boards I had prepared earlier on in the week. More pins are added as the work is gradually stretched to remove any puckering in the fabric. I did manage to ladder stitch all four corners and then went around the whole piece in herringbone stitch.
All that is left to do is to add the sateen to the back of the piece to neaten everything off. Yay!
I have really enjoyed the intensive course – the class had only 7 students in total with a tutor, Deb Wilding, and future tutor, Jung Byun, to help out. It was a very relaxed atmosphere with lots of help and support on hand. I might have just been lucky with the mix of students and the tutors that we had – but on my experience this week, I would thoroughly recommend it to others.
Happy stitching one and all.
It’s absolutely beautiful, a stunning piece of embroidery!
Very kind of you to say so.
Wow that is amazing x you should be super proud – I hope you are x
Thank you – I think I need a bit of time away from it before I can begin to like it!
It looks just beautiful! Wow!
Beautifully done! It must be so satisfying to have it reach the mounting stage within the time of the course.
It was – I still have to do some lacing and put the sateen on the back though!
Well done, Deborah! Clearly, a lot of work went into this in a short period of time, but you’ve done it so well and it sounds like the perfect way to complete the module.
It was a great way to get a lot of the stitching completed – although I do feel that I rushed the flower a little and there are areas that I would have normally redone.